Monday, November 06, 2006

MFA

I'm proud of me. Today I put Miss Ella down for her nap, turned the ringers off on every phone in the house, closed my email and internet applications, and WROTE for 2 1/2 hours straight. Right now I have 8 pages knocked off of what must become a 25-35 page writing sample for my application for entrance into a program leading to an MFA in Creative Writing! That's right folks, family & friends- I am finally biting the proverbial bullet. Ella is old enough to endure my absence during a handful of on-campus intensives, and the prospect of more babies will be on hold (barring the Lord's supernatural intervention!) until both Robert and I have completed our Master's programs- his in Non-Profit Management, and mine in Creative Writing. Write on!

1 comment:

jenni said...

Write on indeed! I am proud of you.